Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day card

My husband and I have been together for a total of 17 years this year. Now I wasn't always a crafter so store bought cards were always handy. But now that I spend most of my free time crafting, it's only right he gets a handmade card. But after many valentines, bdays, anniversarys etc it becomes harder and harder to think of a good concept I haven't done yet.

I was cutting hearts from my last card class shaker card in mid January and the idea and memory came to me. You see many many years ago my darling husband bought me a dozen roses. They were red and just stunning! In the middle of the red roses was one white rose (Me) He said his love surrounded me. I've never forgotten about that and decided to make him a card to show him I still remembered. Here is what I came up with...
 I cut the hearts out with the Nestabilities heart die in Real Red Cardstock from Stampin Up. Then I cut one heart with Kraft Paper so it would be brown *My husband is Latin :0) I used Lawn Fawn stamps to create my own sentiment.

I REALLY loved how it came out and he loved it too and even noticed that I made (him) brown :-)

1 comment:

  1. What a very sweet story and, ooh, I lovey white roses!! That is awesome you have been together so long! I, too, used to buy store bought cards back in the days, funny when we think about it!

    I'm sure DH loved your card!

    ReplyDelete