Monday, July 25, 2011

My Official Announcement

I've been waiting a week to post this announcement but wait no more... I am joining the Stamp Fever team as their newest design team member. I will also be teaching a card class once a month. You can see the whole announcement here. I'm very excited about this and cant wait for my first class which is on August 27th. I look forward to posting my class cards here so you can see what I've come up with. I'm very blessed to have this opportunity and I want to thank the ladies at Stamp Fever for asking me to join their wonderful team.
A funny story about how I found Stamp Fever to go with my announcement. I was looking through a Paper Crafts magazine one day and saw an adorable stamp set by Lawn Fawn. I had not heard of them before and decided to go to their website. Although their shipping is low ($3.00) I am an instant gratification kind of girl and decided to see if there were any stores near me that carried them. Stamp Fever was just a 20 minute drive so that saturday morning I told the kids we were going on a road trip. When we got to the store, there was a stamp class in progress. Jordan my daughter and little crafter, walked over to see what they were doing. Ivy, the teacher, was teaching a card class using Lawn Fawn stamps and let Jordan stamp on a few scraps of paper and to take home the images. I soon became a follower of the Stamp Fever blog and saw a class picture with my little crafter as part of the picture. Since that day, my daughter and I have been attending that same class taught by the lovely Ivy for the last 3 months. And in the last 3 months I've spent lots of saturdays aka paydays :-) at Stamp Fever getting to know the ladies there and they got to see more of my work as well. You never know what a simple shopping trip to a stamp store can turn into. So next time you significate other raises an eyebrow when you leave to go shopping, just tell them there may be an exciting opportunity in your future!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's quite exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I am so excited and proud of you Gina!! Not only are you a great crafter and card maker your a great friend to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post, Gina! Sorry I made you wait so long to make the announcement. I am so glad to have you on our Stamp Fever design team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great post! i remember that day....

    now, maybe i can come to one of your class to learn how to color! LOL

    ReplyDelete