Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lunar Light Birthday Card

I made this card for my friend and co-worker using Lawn Fawn's Lunar Lights stamp set. Her favorite color is purple and she is the BLING queen so I had to make it sparkle. I made the backgroud paper using the smaller lanterns from the set. I stamped them with versamark "Sparkle" and used clear glitter empossing powder. I then distressed the background with Ranger inks (Spun Suger, then Milled Lavendar, then Dusty Concord)

For the main image I stamped the larger Lantern and colored it with Copics. After I colored it, I rubbed the Versamark sparkle all over the image then used the clear glitter embossing powder all over. This gave it that SUPER sparkle look and I didn't have to wait for any glitter glue to dry!! It doesn't look like it here but I then cut the image out and popped it up. I used a super light yellow copic around the edge of the base paper to give it that glow effect. I also used the same copic purples to color the matte paper circle so it would match the image.

No card is complete without a decorated inside!! Here I used another lantern and sentiment from the same set. I also gave this image a little glow as well.
I gave it to her today and she loved it. Hope you do too. Happy Birthday Susan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment