Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year Card!

Here is another stand card I made. I was requested by my wonderful Co-worker Susan to make this after she got her standing X-mas card I made her :-) Her daughter is going to give this to her God Mom for Chinese New Year. We talked about an idea, I sketched it out and this was the final product. I've added a bunch of pics to show the different elements close up. Hope you like it. The card measures 6x12" The Pagoda, Tree and Bridge were all cut from the Pagoda Cricut Cartridge. Since it's the year of the "Rabbit", you will find two rabbits cut from the 2010 Easter Seasonal cartridge.

This first Picture is the card closed.

This is the card opened and standing. We talked about continuing the rocks to the inside to hold the card open. I also used Origami paper as the background paper.

Here is a side view. It's a bit dark but it's the only way you can see the clouds clearly. I used zip 2 way glue and white flocking to make them.

Here is a close up of the little girl "Her Daughter" It is a Mo Manning digital stamp which I colored with copic markers.

Here is a side view so you can see how the bridge pops out. I glued one side then let it pop forward and glued the other side. I'm not sure if you can tell but it has a glossy but not shinny finish on it. I did that by painting it with clear nail polish. The water or stream is made from cutting and crinkling a piece of blue cellophane wrapping paper. It too is only glued on the ends to hold it in place .

Here is a close up of the tree and the rabbits. Both are flocked to give them a fuzzy texture. The grass is also flock with a zig 2 way glue pen.

3 comments:

  1. As the recipient of this wonderful piece of art, I was honored not only to receive the special gift but also stricken by the intricacy of it. In one lovely glimpse, you sense the caring of its creator, you feel the joy it was meant to deliver, and recognize the treasure that it is. Thank you so much for your attentive eye, talented hand and generous heart. They all display themselves in this whimsical celebration of the Chinese New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so much detail, and efforts. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card from someone in Western! This is so details and Chinese feel! Hope to see more in the coming years!

    ReplyDelete